Notifications
Clear all

6000xp bug in charge controller setpoint voltages with open loop

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@dtbaker61)

I'm thrilled to see a forum for EG4 that can be used as a searchable knowledge base to report bugs and get help. The first topic I'd like to see resolved is an issue I told EG4 about more than a month ago, and have yet to get resolved.

The issue is that if you are using the eg4-6000xp with (any) LFP batteries in 'open loop' communication; it is NOT possible to obtain a proper charge curve with user defined voltage setpoints. For example, documentation indicates that the desired charge curve can be obtained by:

batt type = 'lead acid'

bulk=eq= 56.2v, eq time = 0, eq days=0

float=54.0v

.... what this *should* result in is charging to 56.2 once per day, not spend any time at 56v, and 'relax' to float at 54 for the remainder of the day... resetting overnight when pv voltage drops to 0 for the next day.

...what happens is that the charge voltage rises to setpoint 56.2, but then 'floats' there for the remainder of the day, ignoring the desired float of 54.0.

This is not good for the batteries, and not doing what I expected or want. Its a BUG that needs to be fixed. I am posting this as a 'bug report' so that we can all be made aware when there is a firmware patch available to correct this problem.

240824 daytime floating at 56v

Share: