EG4 Community Forum

6000xp will it blen...

Notifications
Clear all

6000xp will it blend PV power with Grid power?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@the-goldendoodle-plantaion)

I am currently using my old Growatt 5000 as a power supplier to my 3 ton conventional heatpump. When there is PV input it automatically blends it with the grid power to reduce my power bill. The Growatt also is set to charge my batteries, BUT not use the batteries for running my load.

On the old inverters the setting would be SUB for (solar>utility>battery). This is so helpful because I do not want to use my batteries for big loads like clothes drier, stove etc, but I do like that I can use the available PV to "assit" or even fully cover the load when the sun is out nice and bright! BUT i can't seem to figure out how to set up my 6000XP to do this. I kind of liked the old style settings of "SUB, SBU, UTI, SOL, etc on all the Legacy EG4 products. Those settings just seemed so strait forward and simple. But the 6000xp instructions don't seem to "have what I am looking for." Will the 6000xp even do what I need it to do?

(I keep thinking surely the 6000xp will do everything my $500 refurb Growatt from SS will do!)

Does the 6000xp even have the ability to blend solar and grid to run my loads, and use PV to charge my batteries, but not "use any battery power for loads? 

If so what is the setting?

Thank you in advance!

Share: